The government of Trinidad and Tobago is known for its rich culture, one of the features which is considered to be the annual carnival. In the ranking of the best carnivals of the world, this island holiday takes the second place after the legendary Brazilian. Due to the diversity of races and cultures of the inhabitants of the Islands, carnival is not a national character and is assorted from different cultures.
1. The band “hearts” during his presentation, “I love Carnival” on the last day of the Carnival of Trinidad and Tobago in the Royal Park Savannah in Port-of-Spain. Picture: REUTERS/Andrea De Silva
2. American actress Tatyana Ali (left) poses with her sisters Anastasia and Kimberly during his presentation “Butterflies, Beasts and Bacchanal” on the last day of the carnival of Trinidad and Tobago in the Royal Park Savannah in Port of Spain. Picture: REUTERS/Andrea De Silva
3. Members of a carnival group Color Fuh So act during his presentation “Conquest” on the last day of the carnival of Trinidad and Tobago. Picture: REUTERS/Andrea De Silva
4. Cherry-Ann Patrice Valere, dressed in the costume of the Lady of the Day, from “the Greatest show on Earth” produces two birds in the finals of the senior Queens and kings of carnival. Picture: Continue reading
Was recently compiled a list of unusual events, anniversaries and holidays.
12 of the strangest events in the world:
1. The festival ’s Las Payas” (Valencia, Spain )
Fire festival is held from 14 to 19 March and attracts thousands of tourists. Every day, at exactly 14 hours begins the so-called “mascletá» – competition of pyrotechnics on the ground, and closer to the night fireworks are launched into the sky. The culmination of the holiday is La Cremá – burning specially prepared for this festival huge figures and stuffed.
2. The world Cup ’s Mountain oysters” (the city of Throckmorton, USA )
Close to Texas in may championship ’s mountain oysters”… In fact oysters here and “smell”. It’s just a slang name local cowboys referred to as bull testicles. First prize awaits the one who is best going to fry them. Judges will evaluate everything: the appearance of the cooked food as it is served, the aroma and taste. According to these criteria and selects the winner.
3. Bega cheese rolling (of Coopers hill, UK)
In a beautiful small town, located near Gloucester, on the last Monday of may races are held with a rolling cheese. According to the rules of the competition round head cheese starts down the slope, Continue reading
In anticipation of the may holidays “Newspaper.EN” offers a guide to the most unusual hotels in the world — under water, on wood, in this gorge or the old train.
Japan, capsule hotel Capsule Inn Akihabara
The Japanese with their inherent minimalism was invented and created a capsule hotel Capsule Inn Akihabara . where you can spend the night in special cells arranged in two rows one above the other. Each cell (average size 2×1×1 m) placed bed, hanging TV, radio. Sleeping space in the capsule is very similar to the top shelf in a train compartment. Shoes and things are kept separately in the lockers, shared toilet. The first capsule hotels in the country appeared in the late 1970s, but the popularity is still not lost.
Price: from 2000–3000 yen/day (€14–21).
Austria, hotel Rogner Bad Blumau by Hundertwasser project
The friedensreich Hundertwasser — the famous Austrian architect, painter and just daring people. His ideas are eco-friendly and simple. Colorful buildings with domes and fairy ceramic facades hiding in the hills. On the roofs of trees, shrubs and grasses. Hundertwasser house in an amazing way like Continue reading