The government of Trinidad and Tobago is known for its rich culture, one of the features which is considered to be the annual carnival. In the ranking of the best carnivals of the world, this island holiday takes the second place after the legendary Brazilian. Due to the diversity of races and cultures of the inhabitants of the Islands, carnival is not a national character and is assorted from different cultures.
1. The band “hearts” during his presentation, “I love Carnival” on the last day of the Carnival of Trinidad and Tobago in the Royal Park Savannah in Port-of-Spain. Picture: REUTERS/Andrea De Silva
2. American actress Tatyana Ali (left) poses with her sisters Anastasia and Kimberly during his presentation “Butterflies, Beasts and Bacchanal” on the last day of the carnival of Trinidad and Tobago in the Royal Park Savannah in Port of Spain. Picture: REUTERS/Andrea De Silva
3. Members of a carnival group Color Fuh So act during his presentation “Conquest” on the last day of the carnival of Trinidad and Tobago. Picture: REUTERS/Andrea De Silva
4. Cherry-Ann Patrice Valere, dressed in the costume of the Lady of the Day, from “the Greatest show on Earth” produces two birds in the finals of the senior Queens and kings of carnival. Picture: Continue reading
Was recently compiled a list of unusual events, anniversaries and holidays.
12 of the strangest events in the world:
1. The festival ’s Las Payas” (Valencia, Spain )
Fire festival is held from 14 to 19 March and attracts thousands of tourists. Every day, at exactly 14 hours begins the so-called “mascletá» – competition of pyrotechnics on the ground, and closer to the night fireworks are launched into the sky. The culmination of the holiday is La Cremá – burning specially prepared for this festival huge figures and stuffed.
2. The world Cup ’s Mountain oysters” (the city of Throckmorton, USA )
Close to Texas in may championship ’s mountain oysters”… In fact oysters here and “smell”. It’s just a slang name local cowboys referred to as bull testicles. First prize awaits the one who is best going to fry them. Judges will evaluate everything: the appearance of the cooked food as it is served, the aroma and taste. According to these criteria and selects the winner.
3. Bega cheese rolling (of Coopers hill, UK)
In a beautiful small town, located near Gloucester, on the last Monday of may races are held with a rolling cheese. According to the rules of the competition round head cheese starts down the slope, Continue reading
Travel to Ukraine is always nice to combine with visits to interesting events – musical, gastronomic theme, which are held all year round in different parts of the country. But the largest number of entertaining events, it is the fall. Current, already come into its own is no exception: over the next three months in different Ukrainian cities will host a number of interesting festivals. We offer you the top five, which if possible should visit this fall.
When. from 12 to 15 September, Where. the village of Koktebel. Crimea
Koktebel Jazz Festival – the largest in Ukraine jazz open air festival, which has gained the status of one of the most iconic and anticipated music events in the country. In early autumn it is already the 11th time will be held in the picturesque resort of Koktebel. located at the foot of Karadag mountains on the Black sea.
Within three days the festival will host dozens of concerts on three different stages. The main stage – NuJazz Stage will be set up on the waterfront, on the beach Junge. Voloshin stage, created for connoisseurs of modern jazz and improvised music, will be located in the garden House-Museum of Voloshin. Daily stage Open Stage, which was addressed by both Continue reading