The government of Trinidad and Tobago is known for its rich culture, one of the features which is considered to be the annual carnival. In the ranking of the best carnivals of the world, this island holiday takes the second place after the legendary Brazilian. Due to the diversity of races and cultures of the inhabitants of the Islands, carnival is not a national character and is assorted from different cultures.
1. The band “hearts” during his presentation, “I love Carnival” on the last day of the Carnival of Trinidad and Tobago in the Royal Park Savannah in Port-of-Spain. Picture: REUTERS/Andrea De Silva
2. American actress Tatyana Ali (left) poses with her sisters Anastasia and Kimberly during his presentation “Butterflies, Beasts and Bacchanal” on the last day of the carnival of Trinidad and Tobago in the Royal Park Savannah in Port of Spain. Picture: REUTERS/Andrea De Silva
3. Members of a carnival group Color Fuh So act during his presentation “Conquest” on the last day of the carnival of Trinidad and Tobago. Picture: REUTERS/Andrea De Silva
4. Cherry-Ann Patrice Valere, dressed in the costume of the Lady of the Day, from “the Greatest show on Earth” produces two birds in the finals of the senior Queens and kings of carnival. Picture: Continue reading
Was recently compiled a list of unusual events, anniversaries and holidays.
12 of the strangest events in the world:
1. The festival ’s Las Payas” (Valencia, Spain )
Fire festival is held from 14 to 19 March and attracts thousands of tourists. Every day, at exactly 14 hours begins the so-called “mascletá» – competition of pyrotechnics on the ground, and closer to the night fireworks are launched into the sky. The culmination of the holiday is La Cremá – burning specially prepared for this festival huge figures and stuffed.
2. The world Cup ’s Mountain oysters” (the city of Throckmorton, USA )
Close to Texas in may championship ’s mountain oysters”… In fact oysters here and “smell”. It’s just a slang name local cowboys referred to as bull testicles. First prize awaits the one who is best going to fry them. Judges will evaluate everything: the appearance of the cooked food as it is served, the aroma and taste. According to these criteria and selects the winner.
3. Bega cheese rolling (of Coopers hill, UK)
In a beautiful small town, located near Gloucester, on the last Monday of may races are held with a rolling cheese. According to the rules of the competition round head cheese starts down the slope, Continue reading
To get dirty, to izmislitza, you’re on – each of these holidays can greatly expand your vocabulary on the part of a dirty pleasure, but at the same time and add adrenaline and lift your mood.
The highlight of the program . Over-ripe tomatoes
How many bottles of ketchup would make a tomato, miserably perished in 70 years of existence of the Spanish “Tomatina”, it is better not to count. The figure is astronomical. After all, every year in the famous tomato battle in buñol their “dying” of 100 tons! But the Spaniards appreciate the fun above vegetables. But it just “Tomatina” rife. Still, several thousand adults fall time childhood and to them – nothing. People fooling around, in its own way: throwing tomatoes, pour tomato soup or splashing around in a puddle of tomato puree. Beauty! The main thing is not too long and not to forget, what all this tomato madness conceived. And here’s why: for the hour that lasts “battle” should be “Pomidora” buñol so that the wipers work enough for two months, at least.
The highlight of the program . Color powder
If you believe the guidebooks, Holi in India is a celebration of spring and the rebirth of life. But if you believe your eyes, this is crazy. Anything else is just Continue reading